5 Things They Should Tell You When You Move to America From Europe 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸
I've lived here for 7 years and 4 months.
- •People will think you're smart just because of your accent.Do your best to play along. They get really disappointed when they find out you're not.
- •When in doubt, tip.I still find myself thinking, "should I tip this person? What if I'm not meant to and they think I'm tacky." Just remember: no one will ever say no to free money. Have you?
- •You need to start building credit right now.So don't just get a credit card, use it. But not too much. Confused? Yep, me too. Having a little bit of debt is better than being seemingly responsible and having no debt whatsoever. Go figure.
- •Some people are carrying guns.And, depending on where you live, you may or may not be able to see them. Yay! Have fun knowing that.
- •Don't assume anyone agrees with you about anything.I try to just smile politely if a difficult subject like race or politics ever comes up in conversation, but i also recommend sticking your fingers in your ears and slowly backing out of the room. Whatever works.