Things That Are Weird About American Sports
To an English person.
- •There are commercials DURING the game.Literally thousands of them. Don't people find it annoying?
- •Baseball coaches wear uniforms.Like, what's the point? If all the players got sick, would the coach actually play?
- •Away fans can sit with home fans.No one is worried they'll rip each other to shreds, and that's a really novel idea to me.
- •There aren't any fan chants.It's almost as if they don't want to tell the other team's fans how shit they are.
- •Teams are okay calling themselves the "world champions."Even if it's in a sport no one else in the world plays
- •They interview players at half time.Before the game is done and when I would think they have more important things on their mind.