MY GUIDE TO WHICH COLOURS TO USE ON YOUR OUTLOOK CALENDAR
At work I use as many colours as possible on my Outlook calendar, mainly to waste time. Each denotes a different type of meeting or task. Here's how I use them.
- •RedA high priority 'must do' task requires a deep red, burning yet powerfully fragile, like a dying sun.
- •AmberFor time blocked out for some #planning, use a vibrant, celestial amber, as if Saturn himself has joined you in your thoughts.
- •BlueA compulsory event (such as a management announcement, staff gathering or something similarly awful) requires a striking blue - sombre, unknowable, like a forgotten ocean that calls to you during a fitful sleep.
- •GreenA phone call. A phone call that will undoubtedly make your day worse. Use a green. An insidious, menacing green, like the anger of a thousand serpents.
- •GoldLUNCHTIME. Like a burst of sunlight, an energy beam directed at your very soul from the Gods themselves, slot in those precious few minutes with a shimmering gold, perhaps from the pastel end of the spectrum.
- •PurplePurple makes it really hard to read stuff so use this colour for SECRET MEETINGS, or those devoted to setting out #strategic #objectives.
- •GreyFor personal appraisal meetings with your manager - grey. Always grey. Serious, like a mountain. Immovable, like fog. Inevitable, like a gravestone. Grey.
- •BlackAnd what of the dreaded 'quick chat' put in by a colleague to 'tap your brains on something'? Use black. Everlasting, all-consuming black.