Ways I've gotten my shit together in the last year. (bright and positive version)
In just a year, a lot has changed in/for me. I have actually overcome things that I never thought I could, they might be silly to some, but they really crippled me.
- 1.I decided to accept my body, and cherish it. Hating your body will not make a weightloss or weightgain journey any better, and will make you like yourself a LOT less, and that's just a recipe for unnecessary internal disasterAccept yourself and be compassionate with yourself, and wherever you'll go, you'll at least be on stable ground.
- 2.I started seeing my family without the visual sugarcoatingLook, no one's perfect. It's not good to see your parents as the devil, and it's not good to see them as angels either. If your parents, if they've done terrible wrongs, hating them won't help you be more functional, BUT IDENTIFYING, which of their actions or what in your past contributed to your behavioral, personality etc problems, can help you deal with them.
- 3.I started noticing the hole I'm stuck in, its depth, and realized I might want more than just a bottomless pit of self-pityThis is the hardest, as it is so easy to slip on the theoretical banana peel and find myself falling into the abyss again.
- 4.I started noticing my own behavior, my limitations. Found out I had Social anxiety and ADD through school and a counsellor.Whirlwind of emotions and sense-making, now that I know, but also helps connect the dots, and maneuver arnd things
- 5.AVPDexplained a lot abt me, a lot of things that account for me never fitting-in in school, and not being a properly functioning human being
- 6.From chronic knee pain to Chronic Crossfitabout the best thing that has happened to me. I used to only be able ti take the elevator, not the stairs, but a lot has changed :). and as a plus I'm getting more mentally balanced, and I'm doing things I never thought I could do. Now, I can also play with my nieces without trying to hide from them (they're exhausting). I feel good about myself, I see my progress, I challenge myself.
- 7.I Got my G2 driving licenseit was surreal, I had always been afraid of driving, to the point of getting recurrent NIGHTMARES about it. I went over that bump, and I survived it (figurative), I can almost do anything!!eeeh well at least I can do a few things.
- 8.I had one last course this year 2015-2016, before graduating.By the second term, I finally started attending all the classes and even talked to 2-3 ppl in class. ( have barely attended classes in the last 3years)
- 9.I GRADUATED!!After years of hiding, dropping courses, fearing professors, and thinking that I'm undeserving and that I'll never graduate, I made it. Aced (Beed) that last course.
- 10.For the longest time, I thought that all my ambitions are BS because I am capable of absolutely nothing, but hey Aya! look how far you've come in one year!:)))
- 11.HOPEFULLY, More to be added next week ;)