BOOKS I CONSIDERED BUYING FOR A 15 YEAR OLD GIRL'S BIRTHDAY BUT THEN SAID NAH WAIT ON THAT.
15 was my favorite year.
- •Hard-Boiled Wonderland & The End of the World by Haruki MurakamiHit or miss for 15.
- •The Bell Jar by Sylvia PathParents might be like "What are you doing here?"
- •Who Will Run the Frog Hospital? by Lorrie MooreFirst choice. They didn't have it.
- •The Unbearable Lightness of Being by Milan KunderaWait for 19 years old. It's for when you just figure out how complex relationships actually are.
- •Ada or Ardor by Vlad NabokovYeah, I just called him Vlad. Also, I'm sure the parents would be thrilled I gave her a book centered on romanticized incest.
- •Complete Poems of Dorothy ParkerWent with this one since I really felt D. Parker as a teen and as you grow older you can go back and be affected differently which is a nice surprise.
- •I paired it with 2 DVDs I loved/love: Pedro Almodovar's "Talk to Her" and John Hughes' "Some Kind of Wonderful".
- •I think I did good.