advice to my younger self 🗣
shit i wish i could've heard from myself back then
- •don't worry so much about what others are doingeveryone's growing up. everyone is selfish. find people who don't take pleasure in upsetting you. don't judge a book by its cover, you never know what someone is really like and how much you may have in common. talk to people more, you may find someone with similar interests.
- •smoking cigarettes doesn't make you look coolit's a waste of money that you don't even have. it's the most disgusting, unhealthiest habit you could ever have. it smells gross. it ruins your teeth. you are still developing. who cares what everyone else is doing.
- •don't worry so much about what others think of youeveryone goes their separate ways after graduation; high school doesn't last forever. nobody is still thinking about shit that happened in high school or what some random person in the hallway looked like one day.
- •don't stay out past your curfewdon't make your parents worry more than they should. you are their child, they love you and care about you.
- •don't put your parents through hellthis is new to them, too. communicate. they are not the enemy, they will always be rooting for you for the rest of your life. listen to them. accept their punishments. don't say hurtful things. don't punch holes in the walls. don't yell at them or talk badly to them in front of friends, it makes you look like an asshole. don't disrespect them.
- •if your mom has a bad feeling about someone stop hanging out with themmothers are always right. they see things from a different view than you. she only wants what's best for you. listen to her.
- •don't cut classesjust go to them. cutting class is a waste of time and education you could be getting. stay out of trouble.
- •join a clubit's such a good way to meet new people and be around something you like.