Things Not to Buy When You're In Escrow
You've just signed a contract to buy a home and the bank is doing a thorough check on your bank accounts and credit cards. Now is not the best time to buy some of these things.
- •A Harley Davidson motorcycle with pink tassels on the handlebars.Sweet hog man.
- •A life-sized cut out of Matt Damon in 'The Martian.'Based on the true story.
- •An investment stake in your third cousin's app start-up company that delivers pencil sharpeners to artists on demand.The company that gets to the point.
- •Two jet skis. Because no one is happy with just one jet ski.Wheeeeeeeeeee!
- •Home stereo speakers sold by a guy in his van in the parking lot of a Best Buy.But listen to that bass.
- •A private instructor to teach you how to play the ukulele in a "hipster sort of way."It's like a guitar only more ironic.
- •A year's subscription to a horse stable just in case you buy your daughter a pony.If only you had a daughter.
- •Tiger Woods to be your caddy for a day.A Cinderella story. At Augusta. He's got 220 to the hole, and he's thinking 9-iron.
- •An annual pass to Disney World. When you live in Utah.From one fairytale land to another.
- •One of every Beanie Baby ever made.Because those things are bound to make a come back.