JOBS I'VE HAD THAT PEOPLE PROLLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT/WOULDN'T ASSUME
Requested by @dave, who I have the great pleasure of calling a colleague, however long ago that may have been. The theme here is 'get by.'
- •Line cookMis en place, bitch.
- •Personal assistant for a deaf and blind womanListening meant I spelled into her hand. She hated how slowly I finger-spelled everything. She would slap my hand when I took too long.
- •Phone sex operatorCraigslist, first year in Manhattan, lasted one day
- •Figure drawing modelI learned how to wake up sleeping limbs and to never look at the drawings.
- •House cleanerAt an old farm house that was perpetually filthy. Music option was an old double vinyl Jorge Ben Jor album. I still sweat when I hear Fio Maravilha.
- •Camp counselor
- •Extended service in kids' mediaPeople assume I love kids and always cry out with frenzied glee at how terrific a mom I will be. No, I'm just tenacious at work; leave my reproduction out of it.