MOMENTS BETWEEN ME, MY VET, AND THE DOG
While Bowie is generally a healthy dog, there have been a few notable exchanges among us
- •Watch that slipped kneecapDogs have kneecaps? How do you know it is slipped? Which knee? Do back legs have knees?
- •Sometimes their corneas detach, you'll want to watch out for thatUmmm
- •We'll give him Dramamine for thatSo carsick
- •We'll give him Xanax for thatStill so carsick
- •We'll give him a pill that shuts down part of his nervous system for thatAn attempt to shut off the piece of his brain that controls balance and car sickness
- •Did we try Xanax already?Yeah.
- •You have to brush his teethOkay, sure. What do I do about his hemorrhaging gums?
- •We have to pull nine teethI should have taken his oral care more seriously; I would have preferred 8 or 10, aesthetically, but we went with 9
- •You have to brush his remaining teethI thought she was joking
- •Yes they do tend to shed a lot when they're nervousWhile the dog is standing on a pile of his own hair, resembling a soft white snow on an early winter's evening
- •If it sticks out like that for a long time you need to apply a lube to it, like KY or whatever you have at homeNot his tongue. I love the dog, I really do, but that was a bridge too far. It took about a year or two but the problem resolved itself.