RIDICULOUS THINGS SAID IN A BREAKUP
They did NOT put the love on top 💔
- •"You're racist against white people"I'm half Brasilian, he's a pure bread white dude. I was the brownest person ever to date into his family. To be fair, I made a lot of comments about white people and how they love to dine outdoors right until the sidewalk freezes and belong to clubs where I am generally unwelcome. This came out later in the process. That I still get defensive about it now makes me question my implicit biases against Caucasians. Something to explore...
- •"I'm really worried about your body type and exercise habits"It was difficult not to light him on fire for this one. He is a maniacal exerciser (and at the time he had a very active coke and pill habit that I did not share in), I was fine. He didn't complain about my ass in bed, though.
- •"You're not wife and mother material"💯 for objectification. This was how he opened and closed the conversation. On the phone. Long distance. After three years. After planning marriage. If ever there is a way to burn a bridge, may I recommend this standout from the menu of horrors.
- •"You value work too highly"Because I supported myself and then him. And I like working. What he meant was that I wasn't barefoot in the kitchen (because rent isn't free and I was paying it).
- •"My family doesn't like you"I guess I never nailed the Christmas presents or something. Decision by committee.
- •'You ruined our family'Said to me one day after I left. No, your unrealistic view of a stay-at-home mother and wife are what ruined the family. One simply cannot do everything.Suggested by @Perchlakegirl
- •Maybe we could just go back to casually dating and see what happens.About a month after the official breakup talk (the broken-up relationship had spanned two insecure and anxiety-ridden years, during which my main complaint was that he behaved in a way that suggested he didn't want to be in a relationship with me) so short answer: NAH ✌️Suggested by @lgw
- •"A lot of people that meet in college get married, and I could see that happening to us. But right now, I want to hook up with other people"😑Suggested by @kira
- •"Heavy metal is too important to you."How. Dare. You. This is no longer a question of whether we are still dating, it's a question of you leaving this room with all your teeth.Suggested by @duchess
- •I only said that cuz I wanted to make you feel badOHHHHHH, ok, cool, that's fine then.Suggested by @dave
- •I've always cheated on you, since day 1.After 9years, 2 miracle kids & everyone thinking we were the perfect couple...Suggested by @T
- •"I knew from day 1 that you were going to be a lot of work but I couldn't help myself."Said after we broke up 5 years later.Suggested by @element75