Memories of 9/11
It's been fifteen years, but I will #neverforget 🇺🇸
- •I was in my third period English class in seventh grade.
- •An announcement was made over the loudspeaker about the three planes hitting the Twin Towers and the Pentagon.
- •Our discussion changed from poetry to what was happening as we tried to make sense of it all.
- •My teacher, Mrs. Petracco, immediately got on the phone to make sure her family was okay.
- •My classmate Krystal was worried about her dad who was traveling. She later found out he was fine.
- •My classmate Ben was doing his social studies project on the Twin Towers. I did mine on the Washington monument.
- •My German teacher encouraged us to watch the news that day.
- •Seeing the footage after school made me cry.
- •I also thought about the family reunion my maternal grandmother took us to the summer before when I heard about the fourth plane crashing in Shanksville, PA.
- •I also remember this song.