My favorite Disney channel original movies
Since adventures in babysitting is being remade into a Disney channel original movie (and the Disney channel was where I first saw the original version), and there was also a marathon of DCOMs last weekend, I got to thinking about my favorite DCOMs! Here they are!
- •Tru confessionsIt was advertised on the Disney channel as starring "Shia lebeouf in his most dramatic role ever" and I remember being glued to the screen. Shia plays Eddie, a mentally challenged teenager who drives his twin sister Trudy or "Tru" crazy. But Tru realizes how much Eddie really means to her through filming his story for a movie contest.
- •Double teamedThis is one of two DCOMs that we own on VHS tape (the other is The Luck of the Irish). I liked how the Burge twins worked together to help the team win the championship.
- •Cadet KellyI was and still am a huge Hilary Duff fan as a middle echooler, and I loved this movie. I live in a small town that has an army base nearby and I love meeting the new families that move here for a year or two. One of my best friends has parents who were military teachers too. My favorite part in the movie was when Kelly paints Jennifer's hair in a rainbow design!
- •A ring of endless lightI have the book by the lady that wrote the A Wrinkle in Time series, but I think the movie is more magical, especially when Mischa Barton's character swims with the dolphins. I love to watch dolphins jump and swim!
- •Eddie's million dollar cook offWatching this movie again now reminded me why I wrote my story "a mother for Melvin." It breaks down gender stereotypes and it also shows the dad supporting Eddie by the time the movie ends.
- •The color of friendshipI watched this movie for the first time in high school and I wrote a paper on Nelson Mandela in college. While this film is not about Nelson Mandela, it discusses apartheid in South Africa. I liked how Maree and Piper were able to become friends!
- •Miracle in lane 2One of my BFFs has the same condition as Justin (hydrocephalus), but she is not in a wheelchair. I loved how Justin changed soapbox Derby racing with the help of his handbrake.
- •Get a clueThis is my favorite fictional DCOM because of Lindsay Lohan and her friends becoming sleuths to solve the mystery. My sister and I still love watching it from time to time!