Tv Shows I Remember Watching at Grams's House
At my grandma's (who we called Grams) house, my sister and I spent a lot of time outdoors in nature. But in the morning and at night, we would watch TV together. Here are some shows I remember watching.
- •Mister Rogers' NeighborhoodGrams loved this show because it was filmed in Pittsburgh, where she lived. Whenever the trolley went into the neighborhood of make believe, I would say, "Hi, Lady Evelyn" because it made Grams smile. I told Betty Aberlin (who portrayed Lady Aberlin) this story on Twitter recently and she loved it!
- •The Carol Burnett ShowI remember after watching the film version of Annie, we started watching reruns of the Carol Burnett Show. Grams loved Carol's comedy style and characters. I still watch it now and think of her.
- •I love LucyI would bring videotapes of classic I Love Lucy episodes when we visited, and Grams and I would laugh and laugh at Lucy's antics!
- •Who wants to be a millionaireMy uncle got Grams hooked on ...Millionaire! She would keep a journal of each episode, noting how much the questions were worth and her answers (which were usually right). My uncle recently found the journals and laughed because he couldn't figure out what they were until he realized a few minutes later.
- •Dr. Quinn, medicine womanGrams was a nurse until she retired, and she loved Jane Seymour's portrayal of Dr. Michaela "Mike" Quinn in this historical medical drama.