Great Moments of the Patriarchy
Just as Obama's presidency ended racism, I'm excited for Hillary's to bring an end to the patriarchy once and for all. Let's look back on some of its defining images and moments.
- •The Sykes-Picot AgreementThe time the British and French split up the Ottoman Empire after WWI by straight up drawing a line through it, prompting a century of sectarian violence and turmoil in the Middle East.
- •The Trail of Tears
- •Teddy Roosevelt hunting endangered species
- •Don Draper sipping an Old Fashioned
- •The time Dick Cheney shot a man in the face
- •The 3/5 Compromise
- •The boardroom scene in Network
- •Male senators banning women from the Senate pool so they could swim nakedThis was a real thing. It ended in 2008. http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2015/01/senate-women-secret-history-113908
- •The chest-beating in The Wolf of Wall Street
- •Manifest Destiny
- •The wage gap
- •Hemingway idolatryFishing, drinking, war, we get it.Suggested by @abyss
- •Like all serial killersSuggested by @abyss
- •ColonialismSuggested by @sarahtee93