Preheat the oven to 475. Set the table. Head into the kitchen.
- 1.ChickenLine the pan with foil. One whole chicken, cut into pieces, topped with salt, pepper, a drizzle of honey, and olive oil.
- 2.Root vegetables2 potatoes, 2 sweet potatoes, or beets, turnips, whatever. Add one chopped onion, lots of olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- 3.BroccoliniIt's just better than broccoli. Use 2 big bunches and leave them whole. Toss with olive oil, lemon, salt, pepper, and a few whole garlic cloves.
- 4.Put the chicken and root vegetables in the preheated oven.Let cook 45 minutes.
- 5.Pull out the root veg, put in the broccolini.Let cook along with the chicken for 15-17 minutes, until the broccolini is charred and roasty.
- 6.Take everything out of the oven.
- 7.Platter up the chicken.Add the pan juices.
- 8.Put the roots in a bowl.
- 9.Put the broccolini on a serving plate.
- 10.You could add a salad or bread but it's totally unnecessary.
- 11.Call everyone to the table.Feeds 4-6.