5-ingredient Cheap, Healthy Dinners
None of these costs more than $5/person, and they're delicious!
- •eggs + sweet potato + spinach + cheese + onion = frittataWe had this for dinner tonight.
- •beans + brown rice + avocado + tomato + cilantro = DIY burrito bowl
- •kale + onions + almonds + eggs + chilies = sautéed kale with poached eggs
- •chicken thighs + honey + jalapeño + cauliflower + garlic = spicy-sweet chicken and roasted cauliflower
- •butternut squash + pears + shallots + broth + sage = butternut-pear purée soup
- •sweet potatoes + kale + onion + cheddar cheese + chilies = twice-baked sweet potatoes with cheddar and kale
- •whole grain bread + avocado + eggs + chili flakes + almonds = ultimate avocado toast
- •noodles + sesame oil + lime juice + tofu + green onions = sesame noodles
- •I'm in love with scrambled eggs & tomato over rice. It was a food 52 recipe and its divine!!!!Suggested by @THEToughCookie
- •Pasta + Tomatoes + Spinach + Onions + ButterMelt the butter in a pan, add the onions and let caramalize. add tomatoes and let it roast until you can smell the tomatoes. add spinach and wild, add cooked pasta... had this for dinner two nights ago and it was amazing!Suggested by @dena
- •Buckwheat Crepes: 2 cups Buckwheat Flour + 1 Egg + 3 1/3 cups Water + pinch of salt -= batter. whatever you have in the fridge for filling (I used spinach and ham) = fillingSuggested by @dena
- •Quinoa + black beans + corn + avocado + lime juiceI make an avocado, sour cream, lime juice dressing (mashed or blended together) and cook the corn and black beans together, then quinoa. Eat with tortilla chipsSuggested by @sarblake
- •Tortillas + beans + taco seasoning + eggs + avocado = huevos rancherosMy husband makes these when we are "our of food" and need something fast.Suggested by @bstro