All the Small Things
Little ways to take care of the people you love.
- •Set up the coffee before you go to sleep so they don't have to fumble with it when they wake up.@evan does this every night/morning and it never fails to make me smile.
- •Bring cold coconut water or Gatorade to the airport when you pick them up.Air travel is dehydrating.
- •Learn their coffee/burrito/sandwich order by heart.It's nice to buy someone coffee/lunch, but it's even nicer to do that AND show them that you pay attention to what they like.
- •Bring a headphone splitter when you travel.Watch movies and listen to music together!
- •Give little presents that will make some aspect of their life easier/better.Really good hand cream, warm socks, a portable phone charger, a business card holder, etc. A friend once had simple moo.com business cards made for me when I first started writing full-time, and it was one of the best presents I've ever received.
- •Always get extra napkins.Spills suck less when there is something to wipe them up with.
- •Plug in their phone when you see it needs charging.Suggested by @jennikonner
- •Unsolicited back rubs/back scratches/head massageNo one turns these down...even if it's just for a few minutes. It is easily one of the top best relaxation methods and mood enhancersSuggested by @brooke
- •Ask him to pick out your outfitAnd wear whatever he chooses with prideSuggested by @lesleyarfin
- •a cup of water by their bedside - every night, without fail, even after a fight.Suggested by @joshthecook