Best Dog Treat Recipe
I developed this recipe one weekend while dog-sitting. I hope someone makes them for you, sweet @Madison 🐶🐕🐾
- •Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet (or line with parchment paper—my preferred method).
- •Heat a dry frying pan over medium-high heat and cook 2 strips thick-cut bacon until crispy on both sides (2-3 minutes). Drain the bacon on paper towels and reserve the grease left in the pan.
- •While bacon and bacon grease cool, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, 1/3 cup flax seed meal (make sure you buy the ground meal, not the whole seeds) and 2 teaspoons baking powder in a mixing bowl. Stir well.
- •Stir in 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter and one lightly beaten egg.
- •Crumble the cooked bacon and add to the bowl, along with the cooled bacon grease, and stir well, adding water as needed to create a thick dough.
- •On a lightly-floured surface, roll the dough out to 1/2” thickness. Use cookie cutters or a paring knife to cut into desired shapes, about the size of a store-bought dog biscuit.
- •Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until golden brown, then turn off the oven and leave the biscuits in the turned-off oven for at least an hour (and as long as overnight). This will dry them out and make them more gnaw-able for the pups.
- •Store the cooled biscuits in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks in the fridge or up to 6 months in the freezer.