Best Nondairy Milks, Ranked
- •Califia Toasted Coconut (almond-coconut milk blend).This is my all-time favorite for making smoothies and pouring over cereal. The coconut flavor is really subtle, and it complements fruit really well.
- •Almond Breeze Unsweetened OriginalThis one is creamy, a little bit sour, and good for oatmeal, coffee and baking.
- •Natural Value Coconut Milk (can)Natural value is a great brand committed to making affordable organic pantry goods, and their coconut milk is fantastic. It's too thick for things like coffee or cereal, but a little bit goes a long way in a smoothie, curry, or stew. The absolute best thing you can do with it though, is to whip it with an electric beater until it turns into a thick whipped cream-like mousse. Plain or with fresh berries, it's a great low-carb, nondairy, Paleo, pareve dessert!
- •Silk Chocolate SoymilkA good chocolate milk alternative, with a pleasantly nutty flavor. Pour it into hot coffee for an instant mocha, heat it up with a little bit of cinnamon for Mexican-style hot chocolate, or blend it with frozen bananas for a delicious frappe.
- •Living Harvest Tempt Hemp Milk (unsweetened original)It won't get you high, but it's got a bright, clean flavor and a creamy consistency. I like it in Earl Grey tea.
- •HarveySuggested by @Nicholas