Best Words to Hear in a Wisconsin Accent
@evan and I have been in Wisconsin for the past week (first Madison, now Milwaukee) and I can't even remember how people talk in California.
- •ComputerPronounced "cahm-pyoooo-tuur." Evan's mom refers to the okCupid origin of our relationship as our having met "in the cahm-pyoooo-tuur."
- •BagPronounced "beyyg." As in "there's one more beyyg of cheese curds if anyone wants them."
- •Or no?@ChrisK told me about this one. Pronounced "Or noh?" Example: "Can I getcha more cheese curds? Or noh?"
- •GlutenPronounced "glooooh-ten." As in "Oh yes, hello there. I have celiac so I need to know if these cheese curds have any glooooh-ten in them. Or noh?"
- •CarPronounced "cah-ehr." Example: we need to be going because we have 3 beyygs of cheese curds in the cah-ehr and we don't want them to go bad."
- •And don't forget "cooooooke"In Mn tooooooo!Suggested by @robyn
- •PeacockSuggested by @film114
- •"Roof""Ruff"Suggested by @alejandro
- •"And that" at the end of sentence.Suggested by @sharris