Cast Iron Chicken and Sweet Potatoes
The ultimate one-pan wonder. Feel free to add a salad, but definitely don't feel obligated to do so--this baby is perfect by itself.
- •Preheat the oven to 475°F.
- •Start with a 12-inch cast iron pan.You could also use another heavy-bottomed, ovenproof pan, but cast iron will give you the crispiest crust.
- •Slick it with olive oil and put 2 whole chicken legs (skin on, bones intact) in the center of it, with a little bit of space between them.
- •Cut 2 medium sweet potatoes and 1/2 onion into 1-inch pieces and place in a mixing bowl with 6-8 peeled cloves of garlic. Drizzle with olive oil and toss well to coat.
- •Surround your chicken with the chopped, oiled vegetables. Salt and pepper everythingIf you dare, add some halved cherry peppers.
- •Roast for 45-50 minutes.
- •Garnish with chopped parsley and serve.Voilà!