Chilled Corn Soup
Making this for dinner tonight. Light, refreshing, and easy, as summer cooking should be.
- •In a blender, combine the kernels of 3 cobs of corn, 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves, 1 clove smashed garlic, 3 chopped scallions, and 1 1/2 cups crushed ice.
- •Add 1 cup water and blend.
- •Stream in 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil as you blend.
- •Purée until it's totally smooth--no discernible green flecks.
- •Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- •Chill until ready to serve, then pour into shot glasses or bowls.
- •Drizzle individual portions with a little extra olive oil just before serving.
- •Summer in a cup.