Chilled Corn Soup
Making this for dinner tonight. Light, refreshing, and easy, as summer cooking should be.
- 1.In a blender, combine the kernels of 3 cobs of corn, 1 handful of fresh cilantro leaves, 1 clove smashed garlic, 3 chopped scallions, and 1 1/2 cups crushed ice.
- 2.Add 1 cup water and blend.
- 3.Stream in 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil as you blend.
- 4.Purée until it's totally smooth--no discernible green flecks.
- 5.Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- 6.Chill until ready to serve, then pour into shot glasses or bowls.
- 7.Drizzle individual portions with a little extra olive oil just before serving.
- 8.Summer in a cup.