Figgy Yogurt Snacks
@ouizoid and @Larry (who, incidentally, are celebrating 35 years of marriage today!) sent me home with an enormous bag of figs from their tree yesterday. Today I made this for lunch, but it would also make a perfect appetizer to eat while you sip cold Prosecco, or as a topping for lightly dressed arugula.
- •Start with fresh figs. I like to figure 2-3 per person.These figs are green, but black mission figs would work well too.
- •Halve the figs and arrange on a board or platter.
- •Top each fig with a spoonful of Greek yogurt.Would also be good with ricotta, goat cheese, or even cream cheese.
- •Drizzle each fig with a few drops of good balsamic vinegar.The Aceto balsamic from Trader Joe's is very good and very affordable.
- •Top each with a few drops of extra virgin olive oil.Hold your finger loosely over the spout to control how much oil comes out.
- •Sprinkle on a few red chili flakes.This is optional, but recommended.
- •Top with coarse salt and black pepper.Or regular salt, if that's what you have.
- •Devour immediately.Don't bother with a plate.
- •The cat will be jealous.She'll get over it.
- •Yay for fig season!