How My Family Makes Matzo Brei
This is the only thing I would ever put onion salt on, and the only reason I do it is because my dad does it this way. #TeamSavory #ItsOkIfYouWantItSweet #IJustWouldntDoItThatWay cc: @jon @josh
- •Pour 2 cups of milk into a large bowl. Whisk in 2 eggs until fully incorporated.
- •Break 6 sheets of matzo into pieces and place in the egg-milk mixture, pushing down the matzah to ensure that it is fully covered by the liquid. Set aside and allow to soak for 8-10 minutes.
- •Meanwhile, melt 1 tbsp butter over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add 1 chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- •When the matzo has soaked for long enough, add the whole bowl's contents to the frying pan and allow to cook, scraping the pan occasionally with a spatula, until the almost all of the liquid has been absorbed and the mixture resembles scrambled eggs.
- •To serve, divide onto plates and garnish with onion salt and freshly cracked pepper.