How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Coined "cruciferice" by @evan. Zero gluten. Almost no carbs. Tons of flavor. Easier than you think.
- •Start with a whole cauliflower head.Wash and dry it completely.
- •Cut the cauliflower in half and remove its outer leaves.
- •Use a sharp knife to cut the cauliflower halves into chunks.
- •Place the cauliflower in a food processor.
- •Pulse until the cauliflower is transformed into a fine "grain," about the consistency of couscous or quinoa.
- •Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat and add the cauliflower rice.
- •Cook for 7-8 minutes, stirring periodically.It's ideal if the rice gets a little toasted and brown in patches. This adds flavor.
- •Optionally add a few cloves of garlic, chopped.
- •And some fresh herbs.Cilantro is delicious.
- •Stir in your additions, along with salt and pepper to taste.
- •Serve, as you would rice.Pictured here with pepper-crusted salmon and sweet pea salad with fresh mint.
- •Feel virtuous and smug about your healthy choices.Optionally, celebrate with ice cream.
- •Tip: before you put the cauliflower in, spray the interior of the food processor w nonstick spray. So much easier to get the "rice" out and to clean up.Suggested by @molliekatzen