Microwave Flourless Chocolate Cake
Because sometimes you want a little sweetness without turning on your oven.
- •Treat your Valentine, or yourself because you deserve it, dammit.
- •Gather your ingredients. The recipe moves pretty quickly, so you'll want to have everything ready.You will need: 1/4 cup chocolate chips or chopped chocolate, 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract (use rum or bourbon if you don't have vanilla), 1 egg, 1/8 teaspoon salt, 1 tablespoon sugar, and 1 teaspoon cocoa powder. Powdered sugar, berries, whipped cream, or ice cream/frozen yogurt all make good toppings for after the cake is cooked, but they are not required.
- •Combine the chocolate and butter in a microwaveable mug.
- •Microwave for 30 second intervals on high until melted.Whisk to combine (a fork will do just fine if you don't have a mini whisk like this one).
- •Add the egg, sugar, and vanilla and whisk for 30 seconds.
- •Add the cocoa powder and salt and stir to combine.
- •Microwave on high for 1 minute and 15 seconds. Test with a toothpick to make sure it is cooked through.If it still gooey in the middle, you have two choices: you can eat it this way and call it a molten lava cake (decadent and delicious), or you can microwave it for another 10-15 seconds, just until it's firm, which will make it more like a cakey brownie.
- •Turn the cake over onto a serving dish and let cool for a couple of minutes, then garnish if desired, and serve.
- •Here's the inside when it's cooked all the way through.Fudgy, moist, and delicious!