My Favorite Cheap and Easy Recipes for Chicken Legs
Whole chicken legs (the thigh and the drumstick) are not only the most flavorful part of the bird--they're also the cheapest, usually costing around $2/pound. These are my favorite ways to cook them.
- •Tandoori-Style Roast ChickenExtremely flavorful and tender. This is great with rice and a crunchy slaw. http://bit.ly/1ERDi2U
- •Jalapeño Honey ChickenI originally invented this for Rosh Hashanah, but it's become a regular in our rotation. If you are sensitive to heat, scrape out the jalapeño's seeds and white membrane before blending up the sauce. http://bit.ly/1FoA8Ba
- •Best Ever Roast Chicken LegsInspired by Thomas Keller's famous roast chicken technique, this one is probably the l one I cook most often. If you love crispy chicken skin, this is for you. http://bit.ly/1ERDi2Z
- •Strawberry-Balsamic Chicken LegsMake this with fresh strawberries when they're in season. The rest of the time, cheat with good strawberry jam. http://bit.ly/1FoAacy
- •Garlicky BBQ Chicken and Sweet PotatoesThis is a one-pan dinner. I usually add a salad, but honestly, it doesn't need it. You could also just add some broccolini or halved Brussels sprouts to the pan and roast them along with everything else. http://bit.ly/1ERDi36
- •Lemon Leek Chicken LegsIf you can't find (or don't want to deal with cleaning) fresh leeks, you can totally use regular or green onions here. http://bit.ly/1FoD8Of