My Morning Routine
I'm very lucky. Unless I have a morning meeting, I get to live every morning like it's @EricElkins ' #NoPantsTuesday
- •🕖 wake upOne thing that comes with sharing a bed with a high school teacher is that sleeping in on weekdays is pretty much not an option, since @evan has to get out the door by 7:45 most days. However, he makes this very much okay by bringing me a cup of coffee in bed, giving me lots of kisses every time he walks by me in bed, and asking me which tie I prefer, even though we both know he knows way better than I do.
- •🕢 read, respond to, and write necessary emails.At this point I've had enough coffee and I am awake and functional enough for email.
- •🕗 social mediaOnce I accepted the fact that social media really is an important part of my job, I felt a lot better about how much time I spend on it (this is one of many hours I will spend on it throughout the day). I manage the BrokeAss Gourmet Facebook fan page, check and respond to tweets, Instagram and my new favorite, ListApp.
- •🕘 watch clips of previous night's Late Night with Seth MeyersI've never been someone who crushes on people I don't know, but from the first time I saw him do Weekend Update, Seth Meyers has been the only exception to that rule. Watching a few minutes of Late Night is a little indulgence that always makes my day better (@crb, @mindy, @lenadunham, @john, @jackantonoff, @AllisonWilliams, your appearances were so great!).
- •🕤 cook and eat breakfastUsually a spelt English muffin with peanut butter or avocado. If I'm really hungry, I'll add an egg.
- •🕥 exercise/work
- •🕦 shower, dress, and force myself out of the houseIf I don't make myself leave by now, chances are I will not make it out at all that day. I'll walk over to BiRite Market to pick up ingredients for recipes I'm testing, meet a friend for coffee, or just go for a walk. When I come home, I'm refreshed, energized, and ready to get to work.