Quick, Easy Low-carb Meal Ideas
When you're eating low-carb, meal preparation can feel like a lot of work. These are all pretty easy to cook and are very tasty. If you are interested more specific recipes, let me know.
- •Sautéed red cabbage with onions and apple cider vinegar, sliced pan-fried sausage
- •Ground chicken, beef, or pork, cooked with soy sauce, garlic, and ginger, served with butter lettuce leaves as wraps
- •Chicken stock cooked with kale, white beans, and ground pork or chicken sausage, seasoned to taste
- •Seared ahi tuna steak (leave rare on the inside, coat outside with black pepper), sliced, over green salad
- •Salad with bacon, hardboiled egg, avocado, cubed or crumbled cheese, nuts, olive oil, balsamic vinegar
- •Veggie or meat burger, in lettuce wrap, with avocado, tomato, and onion
- •Korean-style tacos: cooked meat or tofu of your choice on nori seaweed sheets, with avocado with kimchee
- •Grilled chicken and steamed or sautéed veggiesTo make this even easier, hit up your grocery store's salad bar and buy sliced, grilled chicken and vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower florets. At home, sauté, steam or microwave the veggies and heat up the chicken any way you like. Serve with Sriracha.
- •Broiled salmon with lemon, yogurt, and dill, steamed or sautéed vegetables, green salad.
- •Omelet or scrambled eggs with cheese, roasted vegetables, green salad
- •Deviled or soft-boiled eggs, over cooked or fresh greens, with crumbled bacon
- •Sautéed kale topped with runny poached or fried eggs