Recipe for Happiness
Like all recipes, this one is the result of a lot of trial and error, and will surely evolve further over time.
- 1.Eat healthfully 85% of the time.Indulge 15%.
- 2.Find a form of exercise you enjoy.Walking counts. Dancing in your pajamas counts.
- 3.Find a cause you believe in and give to it.Money, time, other resources. Whatever you can.
- 4.Don't read the YouTube comments.
- 5.Suspend disbelief about your future success.Believe you will have it, because not believing serves no one.
- 6.Therapy.Whatever that means to you.
- 7.Keep a healthy snack, Advil, and lip balm in your bag or car.
- 8.Sometimes, the point of telling someone how you feel about something is not to invoke change, but just to have said it.And sometimes, that is enough.
- 9.Remember your inner child.Don't let anyone, including yourself, be unkind to that child.
- 10.Create rituals.Every day, coffee-and-a-newspaper rituals, and weekly, monthly, and annual rituals. Think of it as consciously making life more special.