Seed Cracker Nachos
I really hate talking about dieting--food is meant to be enjoyed, and dieting is not an interesting subject anyway. That said, I try to keep my refined starches to a minimum, and these nachos make that goal deliciously easy to do. And yeah, they're also gluten-free, low-carb, and vegetarian. 😋
- •Start by making seed crackers.I did a list about these, which you can search for, or you can grab them from my blog: http://bit.ly/1zC6ZnJ
- •Preheat the broiler to high.
- •Place 9 crackers on a parchment-lined baking sheet (the one you made the crackers on works just fine).I've used that piece of parchment at least 4 times.
- •Grate some good, melty cheese, like jack or cheddar.I used Coastal English Cheddar from Trader Joe's because it's what I had in the fridge.
- •Sprinkle the cheese over the crackers, distributing it evenly.Nobody likes a naked nacho!
- •Pop the cheese and crackers under the broiler just until the cheese melts.Usually takes 3 to 4 minutes, but check after two.
- •Top the nachos with anything you like.Guacamole, sour cream, black olives, onions, scallions, fresh cilantro, jalapenos, red chili flakes, avocado, or anything else you like/have.
- •Enjoy immediately!Gooey, crunchy, and so flavorful.
- •This recipe can also be found online.Right here: http://bit.ly/1PvMrzm