The Richard Abate Pizza Method
Last week @richardabate told me about a game-changing pizza-cooking technique he invented. Upon trying it, my mind was seriously blown. This is how to get professional pizza oven quality pizza using nothing more than your regular oven, some tin foil, and a little olive oil. I can't get over it. Try it tonight.
- •Preheat your oven to 500 degrees.As high as it will go.
- •Lay a sheet of foil on the counter and drizzle it with a generous amount of olive oil.
- •Roll out your pizza dough (make your own or buy some at Trader Joe's or Whole Foods) and place it on top of the prepared foil. Top as desired.I like to go pretty minimal.
- •Place the whole thing, foil-side-down, on the BOTTOM of your oven.Not the bottom rack--the ACTUAL bottom. I know I seems crazy. Trust.
- •Let cook for 2 minutes until the bottom becomes very crisp, then transfer to the middle baking rack and let cook for another 8-10 minutes.
- •The resulting pizza will be perfectly charred in all the right ways with a crispy bottom and a chewy crust.
- •Just look at that.Go make it now!