Things Happening in My Kitchen Today
A lot more than usual!
- •Whole-wheat chocolate babka with flaky sea salt.Our friend's father passed away recently, and @evan is attending the shiva tonight. When you visit a Jew who is grieving, you don't bring flowers, you bring food.
- •Mini whole-wheat cinnamon rolls.I had a little too much babka dough, so I'm about to bake these, and will bring them to a friend I'm meeting for coffee this afternoon.
- •Brisket for our pre-Yom Kippur fast meal.We'll be fasting all day on Weds for the day of atonement, so tomorrow night we will feast in preparation, after this guy spends about 4 hours in a low-heat oven. Search my lists for the recipe.
- •Chinese dumplingsWe have a tradition of having friends over for a break-the-fast dumpling fest after fasting all day on Yom Kippur. That means that in the days prior, I roll about a million homemade meat dumplings. This recipe can also be found in my lists.
- •Nonstop ice water.Because it is about 800 degrees in here.