Things I Discovered Recently That Are Improving My Life
Some stuff that is making life better lately.
- •ThirdLove brasMy big-boobied ladyfriends (or, honestly, anyone with breasts): go download the ThirdLove app. It has a built in custom sizing program that figures out not only what size bra you wear (so many of us buy the wrong size without knowing it), but also what SHAPE your breasts are, and therefore what sort of bras you should try. The bras they sell are not cheap, but they're not outrageously expensive ($65ish), and they are the most comfortable, supportive, prettiest, sexiest ones I've ever found.
- •Natural Vitality's Natural Calm drinkI have been having some are truly terrible anxiety lately, and this stuff is incredibly helpful. It's mostly magnesium, in an easy to drink powder form (you just mix it with water and it fizzes). It calms nervous heart palpitations, and helps me sleep, without making me drowsy. You can find it at Whole Foods or on Amazon http://amzn.to/1M42VAh
- •Neutrogena transparent facial barI've had mild but persistent acne for years, and have tried every salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide face wash out there. There was a bar of this in a hotel we stayed in recently, and I had forgotten my usual face wash, so I used it. After a few days my skin cleared up and I switched over to this. Since then my skin has stayed almost totally cleared. It's simple and very gentle, not to mention WAY cheaper than anything else I've tried.
- •Quest nutrition barsI have never been a big fan of nutrition bars, but these are actually really good! I've started keeping them in my bag for days when I have to go a long time before I can sit down to eat something. I like the chocolate brownie, chocolate peanut butter, and cookie dough flavors.
- •Catastrophe on AmazonThis show, starring Rob Delaney and Sharon Horgan, available for streaming on Amazon, is sweet, hilarious, and real. It's got all the good things about romantic comedies without the sap, and the characters are extremely likable. I hope they make more episodes.