Things I Do Now That My Younger Self Would Not Approve Of
It goes without saying that she wouldn't approve of me being home writing lists on a Saturday night.
- •Watch my carbohydrate intake.My adult self knows it's necessary if I want to continue to fit into my younger self's jeans, but my younger self thinks I should just chill out and eat the cinnamon roll.
- •Live below my means.My younger self did not believe in saving money.
- •Go to synagogue regularly.My younger self found shul profoundly boring. My adult self still kind of does, but the ritual of going every Friday and the feeling of community do me good.
- •Stop after 2 drinks.Hangovers are significantly worse for my older self.
- •Spiralize vegetables and eat them like pasta.There were no spiralizers on the market when I was younger, but I'm pretty sure my younger self would have found them incredibly stupid.
- •Wash my hair no more than 2x week.I used to obsess about my hair being as clean as possible. Now I know better.
- •Give money to my alma mater when they call to ask for donations to the annual fund.My younger self always hung up.
- •Take a multivitamin.My younger self did not take the kind of joy that my adult self does in meeting my daily vitamin and mineral values.