Things I Found in My Parents' Garage
This weekend, I helped my mom go through boxes of my childhood belongings, to determine what to donate, what to chuck, and what to save for my future children. Here are some highlights.
- •Early culinary inspirationSaved.
- •An all-time favoriteSaved.
- •A VERY old copy of Goodnight MoonSaved, duh.
- •This weird velvet hat, which I wore every day to kindergartenSaved for my future weird children.
- •This Cleopatra-at-the-Disco headpiece I loved in 6th gradeDonated (not sure who will want it but fingers crossed).
- •My first braSaved, for evidence my boobs once fit in something without underwire.
- •This adorable handprint poem I made in pre-schoolForced my parents to keep after giving them a stern talking-to about ever taking it down.
- •Pom poms I never usedDonated.
- •This terrifying garbage fire baby dollSent her back to whatever hell she came from.