Things I Miss About Boston
I haven't lived there in 10 years, but it still has a piece of my heart.
- •Being a student surrounded by other students.You can't go anywhere and not meet someone new.
- •Cobblestone sidewalks.
- •The T.Yes, it was always late. But BART doesn't have the same heart.
- •Coolidge Corner.If every weekend consisted of going to Zaftig's and the Brookline Booksmith, I would be happy.
- •The omnipresence of Red Sox fans.I didn't know until I moved to Boston how serious people could be about baseball. It makes you feel, in a deep way, like you are part of something.
- •History, everywhere.
- •The Boston Public Library.
- •Boston accents.I like it when people sound faintly like Denis Leary.
- •Old fashioned ice cream shops.JP Licks, Emack & Bolio's, Toscanini's, Cabot's.
- •Summer nights.Sure, it's humid and muggy, but the city clears out and, and drinking Sam Summer on a rooftop in Allston is all you need for a magical night.