Things That Make My Heart Swell Every Time
An ever-growing list.
- •The moment when the north side of the Golden Gate Bridge comes into focus as I exit the Waldo Tunnel.There she is, my sweet city.
- •The first time I hold a printed copy of a book I've written.Someday I will really give birth to a human baby and probably resent myself for feeling like this is anything like actual childbirth, but in the meantime, that's how it feels.
- •When Dar Williams sings, "Oh, and that's not easy. I don't know what you saw, I want somebody who sees me."It immediately transports me back to being 16. And 22. And 25. And 29.
- •Every Friday around 9 pm, when @evan brings home flowers for me.I have no idea how I got so lucky.
- •The view of the Yosemite Valley from Glacier Point.Breathtaking, and makes me feel so small in such a profound way.
- •"Teach Your Children" by Crosby, Stills, Nash, and YoungWaterworks, every time.