Things the Chef Is Entitled To
Cooking comes with privileges.
- •The crusty yet tender end-piece of the brisket.
- •The crispy cheese that slips out of the grilled cheese and onto the pan.
- •The best brownie.Corner or middle? Up to you.
- •The best piece of lasagna.Same concept.
- •The 13th meatball.It would be unfair for one person to have an extra one on their plate. You're just keeping the peace.
- •A spoonful (or 3) of cookie dough.
- •The sliver of crispy chicken skin that came loose from the chicken during cooking.
- •The delightfully almost-burnt Brussels sprout.
- •Wine while you cook AND with the meal.No judgment.
- •Praise and thanks.
- •Freedom from dish duty.