Things You're Likely to Find in My Purse
Per @hollis' request.
- •First of all, here's my purseIt's my first grown-up lady bag, and the largest one I've ever owned. I'm constantly losing things inside it because I'm still not used to having so much space to navigate.
- •WalletA woman whose child I nannied for when I was in college gave this to me for my 21st birthday, in 2003. It's beaten up, but still great.
- •Sunglasses$14, no name brand. Buying expensive sunglasses is pretty much a guarantee that I will lose/step on/otherwise ruin them.
- •A copy of my second cookbookA literary agent I'm friends with told me once that I should always have a copy of my most recent book on me. It has come in handy a few times, though I admit to feeling a little silly saying, "Actually, if you'd like to see it, I have a copy in my bag..."
- •A book to readThis one is big and heavy (and very good), but I'd rather read a physical copy of it than a digital one, so I schlep it with me.
- •LipstickYves St. Laurent, #203. It's not the kind of thing I would ever spend money on, but a friend gave it to me for my birthday last year and when I put it on, I feel 99x more sophisticated.
- •Portable phone chargerOne of the best purchases @evan has ever made.