Truffled Grilled Cheese
Once you make this, you'll never look at Kraft Singles again.
- •You're going to need some Trader Joe's Italian Truffle cheese.This stuff is a miracle. It has pieces of real black truffles and is just $6 or $7 for a nice wedge. Shred about 1/4 cup.
- •Get some good bread. I like sliced sourdough.You want something that will get good and crispy when cooked.
- •Put the shredded cheese on one slice of bread and cover it with the second.Again, make sure it's shredded. This will help it melt evenly.
- •Butter both sides.Do not skimp.
- •Cook the sandwich on a nonstick or cast iron pan (no need to grease--you buttered the bread, right?) pan for 1-2 minutes on one side until the cheese melts and the bread gets golden brown and crispy.
- •Flip and cook on the other side until the bottom is golden brown.We're looking for even cooking here.
- •Cut in half and eat immediately.Do not feel compelled to share. You worked for this.