We Got Engaged!
On Friday @evan and I decided to keep this thing going for the long run.
- •We've known we wanted this for a while and have been talking about it for several months. When we finally decided to go for it, the plan was that we would pick a general time and Evan would plan the actual proposal.In case you didn't know Evan is an incredible surprise planner. It's one of the best perks of being with an experiential educator.
- •On Friday morning, we drove to Cavallo Point in Sausalito. Evan walked me over to a private little look-out point with the most magical south-facing view of the Golden Gate Bridge.@list actually had a hand in this part! Evan knew that this view was extremely special to me, and was reminded of it 2 weeks ago when he read it on my list "Things That Make My Heart Swell Every Time" ( Things That Make My Heart Swell Every Time ) After reading it, he scouted locations with a view of the bridge until he found the most perfect one.
- •We sat on a blanket he brought, looked into each other's eyes, and he asked me to marry him. We sobbed and smiled and hugged and kissed. It was the most intense and wonderful moment of my entire life.
- •When she died, my grandmother Marilyn (@Larry's mother) left me a very special engagement ring. I have such strong, fond memories of holding her hand and admiring it. The love she shared with my grandfather Mel was unshakeable, and it is unbelievably special to now wear it on my own hand.
- •It's the most beautiful piece of jewelry I have ever seen.
- •After we called our parents to tell them the news, we walked over to the Murray Circle Restaurant at Cavallo Point for lunch, where Evan had pre-arranged for us to sit at an outdoor table, facing the same beautiful view where we had just agreed to spend our lives together. There was champagne.The server wrote this sweet quote on our receipt.
- •After lunch, we got in the car and drove up to Gualala, a tiny beach town near Sea Ranch. We rented the most extraordinary beach house I have ever seen--huge ocean-facing windows, a hot tub, and fire places. We've spent the past 2 days soaking in the magic of taking this next step.
- •Today is also Evan's birthday!I have a special birthday lunch planned for our drive home, and then we are going to meet @jgmosko and his girlfriend Jen for dinner in SF. I am so excited to celebrate with them.
- •And I am just absolutely thrilled and beyond excited to marry this man.