Wedding Stuff I Promise Not to Do
Inspired by @ashleyspivey's excellent list.
- •Require that my female friends drop $$ on ugly matching dresses they will never wear again.I'm actually not going to have bridesmaids. Close friends will hold chuppah poles and/or read blessings, and they can wear whatever they want.
- •Insist on a bachelorette "weekend"Just attending a wedding is expensive--it feels weird to ask my friends--many of whom don't know each other--to drop bank to spend an entire weekend with me and a bunch of strangers.
- •Freak out about colors.I didn't know we were supposed to choose them until recently.
- •Bore people to death with discussion of napkin colors, cake styles, and veil trim options.It's only sort of interesting to me anyway.
- •Kill myself trying to lose a crazy amount of weight.I'm sure I will tone up and trim down, but it's going to be within the range of normal.
- •Register for $200 place settings.We already have all the linens and kitchen stuff we need, and would really so much rather have money to put toward a downpayment on a house. Currently exploring honeyfund.com and hatchmyhouse.com. Side note: our parents all think we still need to register for physical stuff too, so people have a choice. Anyone been through this and care to comment?
- •Toss the bouquet.This is a wedding, not an athletic event. Also I think it's kind of sexist.