What I Ate Today
It was a good day of eating.
- •7:45 AM: 1 cup of coffee@evan makes this for me every morning, and brings it to me in bed. 💏☕️
- •10:30 AM: chocolate croissant and a few bites of a gougere from Tartine BakeryEvan's 13-year-old cousin Justin visited us this weekend from Seattle and we made it our business to show him all the deliciousness San Francisco has to offer. We had to wait in line for 30 minutes to get our fresh-out-of-the-oven pastries, but he was a champ and it was worth it.
- •2:00 PM: Smoothie made with coconut milk, banana, kale, cashew butter, and mangoJustin's visit brought a lot of cheesy white carbs into our lives this weekend, so after taking him to the airport, this was the beginning of my attempt to repent.
- •4:00 PM: 1/2 cup of coffeeOne of the best things Evan has brought into my life is afternoon "joe time." Joe time is where you stop what you're doing, anytime between 4 and 5:30 PM, and you have a cup of coffee and connect with a book, iPad, or, preferably, someone you love. ☕️
- •4:30 PM: handful of baby carrots, handful of raw nuts, small cup of Greek yogurt.Little snack to get me through to dinner.
- •7:30 PM: Bulgur with white beans, vegetarian Italian sausage, kale, spring onions, rainbow carrots, and roasted garlic.This is a favorite easy, healthy dinner. Sometimes I make a Mexican version with pinto beans, chorizo, and avocado. I always make a big pot of it and we eat it with hot sauce. Leftovers taste even better the next day.