I feel like cooking roughly 87% of the time. This is what I eat during the other 13%.
  1. Quest bars
    E8e61768 d43f 47af 80f0 3e43365c926d
    I love these. They are so filling, full of fiber and protein, and low in sugar. One of these is enough for breakfast or lunch, and it will keep me satisfied for hours. Best flavors: peanut butter supreme, cookie dough, chocolate brownie, peanut butter and jelly.
  2. Veggies, nuts, and cheese
    6a3a9797 40b9 42de b369 8bbe5429ef4f
    Basically a glorified crudité platter. I slice up cucumbers, carrots, red bell peppers, jicama, and green beans or sugar snap peas and eat them with a couple of wedges of sharp cheddar and a handful of raw nuts.
  3. Greek yogurt with balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper
    2f5f8684 b522 4f10 a692 347b8dbfb776
    Specifically Strauss Greek yogurt. I know the olive oil sounds weird. If you buy a really tasty extra-virgin olive oil, you'll never want to put anything else on your yogurt. Trust me.
  4. Fresh figs with goat cheese or ricotta, balsamic, olive oil, salt, and pepper
    385c9f97 12f6 420c a48d 613d7da172ed
    Split the fig and half, top with the cheese, put everything else on top of the cheese. Also good with apricots or peaches. I could eat these for every meal.
  5. Avocado toast
    66a90a1e 74ea 4875 aa2f 645ff33bb69c
    See one of my early lists about this for the specifics. I like it on a gluten-free English muffin, not because I can't eat gluten, but because they get so wonderfully crunchy in the toaster.
  6. Sardine spread
    806a996e 54bc 4a29 8019 be4d414e6fc8
    Looks disgusting, tastes amazing (and is sustainable and full of omega-3s!). Purée a drained can of sardines with garlic, olive oil, a touch of mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and fresh parsley.
  7. Guacamole salad
    4d533c15 84fe 4e05 ba97 844357004c71
    Cube avocados, halve some cherry tomatoes, dice a little onion, chop up some garlic, jalapeños, and cilantro. Basically all the ingredients you would need for guacamole. Toss with lime juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Eat with fork or stuff into warm corn tortillas for impromptu "tacos."
  8. Overnight oatmeal
    71db85f6 09d8 47d7 8012 0659476b8386
    Combine equal parts milk of your choice (I like coconut) and rolled oats (not steel-cut) in a bowl or jar. Stir well, cover, and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. In the morning, top with fruit, honey, or nuts.
  9. Green smoothie
    6cdde521 b01d 475e a0f8 c451640009e9
    With kale, frozen berries, coconut milk, and cashew butter.