MOVIES I SAW IN DECEMBER 2016
Did the Grinchneet's small heart grow three sizes this month? Not really.
- •My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2Of all the unnecessary prequels/sequels that came out during this garbage year, this was the most unnecessary. Other than my dumb sister (who begged me to watch this with her) who was this for??? I kind of liked the first movie - 14 years ago when it came out - but this pissed me off beyond belief omg.
- •KeanuI love Key and Peele but this movie felt like a sketch that would never end. There were some pretty funny moments and an awesome cameo by Anna Farris but I thought the rest was surprisingly boring.
- •Love ActuallyI've seen parts of this movie before but I finally decided to watch it all the way through. There are storylines I love (Liam Neeson's, Bill Nighy's, and Martin Freeman's) and there are storylines I hate (don't even get me started on the British guy in America and that Keira Knightley/Andrew Lincoln bullshit) but all in all it's aight. I get it. It's cute. It's Christmas.
- •Rogue OneI was surprised by how okay I was with this movie. I don't know if I love it though. Idk I'll have to watch it a couple more times before I can decide where it ranks for me. Tbh my expectations weren't very high because I have trust issues but I enjoyed the ride. I wrote a pros/cons list about this so if you wanna know some of my general likes and gripes you can check that out: ROGUE ONE: PROS & CONS (SPOILER-FREE)
- •Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find ThemI'm not even going to lie you guys I was so disappointed with this movie. It's like The Hobbit but without any of your favorite characters lol. I love Eddie Redmayne and I'm totally on board with Newt but this felt so...??? Like it was pretty and it was whimsical at times but it failed to capture the magic of the HP films. The music also really threw me off. I saw this the day after I saw Rogue One and I think not having John Williams hurt this movie more.
- •La La LandEvery bit as charming and delightful as it promised it would be. Honest.
- •Manchester by the SeaOne word: sad. Five words: Casey is the better Affleck. I don't know if I'd recommend this movie to everyone. I liked it a lot but I don't think it's one I will watch again soon. Casey Affleck is fantastic though. He's always been good but I think this is a performance to remember.
- •Four ChristmasesSent to me by the lovely @angela3950 as part of my secret Santa gift and I will say, I went into this with more of an open mind than most of the movies on this list. So maybe that's the trick. Send me movies to dilute the haterade! I like the premise but I didn't think Vaughn and Witherspoon had the right chemistry. I did need more Christmas movies to watch this season so it worked out.
- •The Imitation GameBritish Sheldon Cooper decodes some shit. Kidding. I really liked it! This is actually a great example as to why you shouldn't let anyone else make up your mind for you about movies (including me). When this movie came out, a friend told me it was a waste of time and I foolishly listened to them. I know I do these little reviews every month but they're just my opinions. And I'm negative af! You might LOVE My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2 and that's great! Fuck what I think.
- •How To Be SingleI was really messed up over Carrie Fisher's death so I drank a lot of vodka and decided to watch this movie. Not even drunk me liked it. I stopped halfway through and I have no plans to finish it.