MOVIES I SAW IN OCTOBER 2016
For the first time! Yes, I am continuing to write these even though no one reads them.
- •His Girl FridayI had to watch this for my gender, sexuality, and power in screen studies class. It's very witty and verrrrrrry quick. Not a great movie to watch when you have a headache. Cary Grant is charming af though.
- •The WitchOr is it The VVitch? Idk. With all the hype, I was expecting a lot more than what I got. I liked it but I definitely had my expectations set too high. However, I will always prefer this type of horror film over found footage garbage. It's beautiful, slow, and creepy.
- •ThinnerI made my mom watch this with me and I was LOSING MY MIND. Holy shit. I never read the book but I knew the gist of the story. It's not even the story that makes this so bad it's literally everything else too lmao. This is a GREAT bad movie.
- •The GallowsSpeaking of found footage garbage, I also watched this. I don't have much to say about this one. It's a bad bad movie.
- •CoralineI'm so mad at myself for sleeping on this movie for so long. I loved it! It was a good balance of creepy and cute. I don't always love stop motion animation but there were some gorgeous scenes in this omg.
- •HushI have been wanting to watch this for a while. While I do think it's a bit overhyped, I honestly enjoyed this movie so much more than I thought I would. It took some risks that I think paid off really well. The premise was interesting and it made for some excellent moments of tension. It was the first time in a long time that a horror movie made me feel genuinely nervous.
- •Ethnic NotionsAnother film I watched for my screen studies class. This is a really fascinating and horrifying documentary about how black people were portrayed on film from slavery to the civil rights era. It shows how detrimental and how long-lasting the anti-black stereotypes have been within pop culture.