WHY I LIKE MONICA GELLER
Inspired by @jennifergster
- •She always took care of her friendsShe fed them, hosted parties for them, let them crash at her place, etc.
- •She took Rachel into her homeHer former bff who cut her out after graduating high school. She wasn't even invited to Rachel's wedding!
- •She worked really hardShe went through unemployment, did shitty jobs, and suffered through hostile work environments but she refused to accept handouts - like when Pete tried to buy her a restaurant.
- •She never apologized for what she lovedMonica adored babies, marriage, and housework but she never attempted to hide it or let anyone make her feel bad about it.
- •She broke up with RichardRichard was cool but she wanted kids and he'd only have them to make her happy. She knew that wasn't fair to him so she walked away.
- •She made Chandler a better personShe constantly encouraged him and helped him see that he could be an amazing boyfriend, husband, and father.
- •She waited until Chandler was ready to start a familyAnd when they couldn't conceive, she chose to adopt rather than use a sperm donor because she didn't want kids that were hers but not his.
- •She supported Chandler's careerShe motivated him to quit his job and find one he actually liked. She then supported him, emotionally and financially, during his unemployment.
- •She overcame a lot of emotional obstaclesShe grew up being relentlessly teased for her weight and constantly criticized by her mother. However, she emerged with a sense of her own self-worth and determination.
- •She was close with RossHe bullied her as a child and contributed to the emotionally abusive environment she grew up in. Yet she didn't allow that, or her parents' favoritism, to ruin her relationship with her brother.
- •She cares so muchAbout everything and everyone.
- •She never gives upOn anything or anyone.