Things I Think About As I Try to Be "Vegan Before 6"
I love the idea behind Mark Bittman's book "Vegan Before 6": Eschew all animal products during the day and allow yourself to have meat, eggs, and/or dairy for dinner. But I'm not doing so well with it so far. When I do succeed, I've got too much on the mind as I consume more nuts, berries, and sadness.
- •The giant roast pig we had at our wedding reception
- •Giant blocks of Tillamook extra sharp cheddar
- •My deep hatred for kale and quinoa
- •Egg, sausage, and Spam
- •Almond milk: not so bad
- •How do they find the little udders on the almonds?
- •Spam, egg, sausage, and Spam
- •Inserting hot, sharp skewers into my eyes — preferably with marinated beef filet kabobs on them