I don't believe in feeling guilty over pleasures, but these are a few things I'm reluctant to admit enjoying as much as I do.
- •Overpriced coffee drinks. All the better if they are seasonal or in a red cup.
- •Wandering through Target. I may go in for toothpaste and Tide, but leave with a craft set, a candle holder and a new type of junk food. And usually an overpriced coffee drink.
- •Scandal. Totally unbelievable, impeachable president, but it makes me want to fix things in DC while wearing white and eating popcorn for dinner.
- •Hostess cupcakes. Yes they're all chemical. Yes I can bake better myself, but the point is I don't have to and they taste like childhood. Happy childhood before I heard of chemicals or calories.
- •80s music. Nothing a little "We Built this City" or "Heat of the Moment" can't fix. I listen to "Everybody Wants to Rule the a World" and wonder why they even bothered making music after the 80s.
- •Titanic. I know it's schmaltzy, but between our first glimpse of Rose under her hat and her moment of clarity "I'd rather be his whore than your wife" it's such girl empowerment with fancy period costumes.